Please print and retain the by-laws for your records and print, fill out, and submit completed membership APPLICATION, LIABILITY WAIVER, detached & signed Statement of Faith, three reference letters and $15 dues (made payable to T.E.A.C.H.) to Dawn Pooser at 5580 Sidney Rd, Belhaven , NC 27810.
ARTICLE I - NAME
The name of this organization is The Eastern Association of Christian Homeschools (hereinafter referred to as T.E.A.C.H.).
C. All Athletic Teams are financially self-supporting and parental led (from fundraising to organizing team duties and finding approved coaches.
ARTICLE X-CORE VALUES
B. In accordance with that belief, all parents and students are expected to
represent T.E.A.C.H. with the highest standards of integrity and Christian
character. Therefore, at all T.E.A.C.H. related functions we require the
following rules to be observed:
The goal for the TEACH Sports Program is to develop good sportsmanship and teamwork for the glory and honor of God while providing our students with an opportunity to participate in competitive sports, as well as having fun.
All teams will be supported and organized by parents who are working together to provide structure for accountability (keeping up with GPA's), direction and communication so that our athletes can grow and thrive in a balanced, positive way.
SPORTS PROGRAM POLICY
The Athletic Director is the lead administrator for the T.E.A.C.H. Sports Program. He/She is only under the authority of the Board of Directors. He/She will appoint Team Coordinators for each team. The Team Coordinator, as well as the Fundraiser Coordinators, Scorekeepers, Time Keepers, and Uniform Coordiators as well as Gatekeepers will all be parents of the players and each family is expected to participate in the responsibilities of the organization of the team.
The Athletic Director along with the coaches will be responsible for making the decision about game cancellations due to weather. In the event that the Athletic Director is unavailable, the coaches and Board of Directors will make the final decision.
ELIGIBILITY OF PLAYERS
1. Must be an approved member of T.E.A.C.H. w/ annual dues paid for current school year.
2. No player who reaches the age of nineteen (19) prior to September 1st of the current academic year shall be eligible to play in that year.
3. All players in all TEACH sports teams are required to be no lower than 7th grade.
4. Recruiting for the sake of building a superior athletic program is strictly prohibited.
5. Allowing players from private schools or public schools who have no sports teams and no opportunities to play will be allowed to play with us on a contingency basis. (If we do not have enough players to make a viable team, we will allow these students to join us.)
6. No athlete is permitted to simultaneously participate in the athletic program of more than one (1) academic institution.( Or if the player has access to a team at his or her school they will not be permitted to play with us.)
7. Players are expected to attend scheduled practices unless they inform the coach in advance.
8. Any player who is currently earning a 2.0 or lower GPA will not be allowed to play until the GPA is over 2.0.
1. The host team's coach shall approach the visiting team's coach to introduce themselves and welcome them.
2. In the spirit of good sportsmanship, a congratulatory handshake shall take place between coaches and players after each game.
3. Lopsided victories may be unavoidable; however, teams shall not intentionally "run up" the score on any opponent.
4. If at all possible, T.E.A.C.H. would like to have every player get at least some playing time during the games to help acclimate them to the real game experience and to enhance their playing ability for future games.
5. The host team is generally responsible to provide a scorekeeper, timekeeper, game officials, attendants, or line judges.
6. Officials shall eject any player or coach from the game for using profanity, throwing a temper tantrum, or fighting.
a. The guilty party shall be suspended for the next full game regardless of when the dejection occurred during the game in question.
b. Suspension applies whether the next game occurs during regular season, post season or tournament games.
c. No disrespect will be allowed towards coaches, umpires, referees, judges, or other opponents. You may be removed from the game by your coach or Athletic Director.
PLAYING TIME PHILOSOPHY
The coaches in each sport is encouraged to make every effort to play all players in every game, however, this is not a requirement and may not be expected in the case of tight games, when the advancement of tournament play depends on winning the game, In this case, the head coach is allowed to skew playing time in order to increase the probability of victory and advancement.
As a final note, playing time during regular games is a privilege that is earned during practice and by regular attendance, hard work and a positive attitude of respect and encouragement. Coaches are encouraged to reward faithfulness and heart with playing time.